Sunday, March 15, 2009

Poetry by Ma Lan: It is Raining 下雨

It Is Raining

Let it rain. I relax on his lips.
I am flexible--look at my fingers,
They are nimble enough to play music.

Let this man utter his intended destination.
I depart from his lips.
I know he will set off quickly,
But how to get from the left to right ventricle?

Not enough time to spend with the sick font I am visiting
Who is skin and bone.
Long ago I was on the road. Tearful reproaches are relatively potent.
Let it rain, now! Restrain,
Protect me.

Though the clothes I wear touch my body, a thick mist
Separates me from the fabric.

New Haven April 10,1997

下雨


下一场雨吧,我在他的嘴唇上
我很弹性,你看我的手指
弹琴的手。

让这位男人讲话,他要到哪里去
我可以离开他的嘴唇
我知道他会走得很快
可怎么样才能从左心室走到右心室

时间太小,我所看望的字体
也瘦可见骨
很久前我在路上,哭诉比较有力
现在下一场雨吧,抑制我
包庇我。

我的衣裳放在手上,和我
有浓雾般的距离


(1997,4,10。纽黑纹)

No comments: