Sunday, March 15, 2009

Poetry by Ma Lan: Off Key 走板

Off Key

The night deepens, early winter
My cat and dead fish are hard to distinguish, approaching
While my memory slowly pulls out an old dream:
A shabby straw hat
About to be blown into the valley
No matter who
That kiss can never be realized, only reached for

My Ming, maybe this is still a dream
Red May in the city of spring, the windmill battle is a draw
If we start again, it would be a different story
The people I love or want to know
There are no extras born into this world

As night’s curtain sinks low, silent branches outside the window
Yearn alone for the autumn winds of before
I’m just one person, outside
I once held ideals
Imagining one eye is enough

2004/10/7

走板

天色转深,初冬时分
我的猫和死去的鱼都难以区分,接近
而记忆慢慢拖出曾经的梦境:
一顶破损的草帽
准备飞向山谷
无论是谁
那相亲的场面都不可实现,只能追忆

我的阿明,这或许还是做梦
在春城的红五月,与风车战成平手
如果我们重头再来,必定物是人非
我热爱或我想认识的人
没有一个多余的人出生于世

看这夜幕低沉,窗外沉默的树枝
独自挂念着先前的秋风
我只是一个人,在屋外
曾经怀抱理想
幻想一只眼晴就够了

2004/10/7

No comments: