Sunday, March 15, 2009

Poetry by Ma Lan: Touring 观光

Touring

Looking at someone, my eyes fixed
Looking with a tree
Using acuity my eye sockets are quite metaphysical
I open up someone, a flower and bird painting

Butterflies fly out of sight, leaving the dust to meander downward
The gulls eternally at the beach
The water's location is not my personal problem
The peeling of the water's layered veil is like skinning a hide

Standing in a certain place, posture empty
The carpet's door talks up a storm, but someone still stammers

And my line of vision is harmed by a kite
They say I am a plane, a lens
Simple because homely, my life and times

Handle in hand, when I look at someone
Quite fashionable, it's either me or you
And you, the one in the picture album
Wrapped in a sleeve with me and fluttering away
Or to achieve union in death

January 1997, New Haven

观光


看一个人,目不转晴
和一颗树同时看
使用视力,眼眶就很形而上学
我打开了这个人,花鸟画

蝴蝶飞逝,尘埃缓缓降落
花还挂在树上
谁还能继续口吃?

站在某个地方,姿势空虚
我的视线是一个平面,镜片
因陋就简,我的岁月

但把柄在手,我看一个人就
非常时髦,你死我活
你呢,画册里的人
与我同卷在袖子里
坐以待毙

(1997,1。纽黑纹)

No comments: